Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Noah's Ark Rainbow

This week I have been teaching the girls about the story of Noah's Ark during our morning bible time.
One of the things we focused on this week (we've done this story a few times, with a few different focuses) is the goodness of God's promises.

I love that every time I see a rainbow in the sky, and now every time they see a rainbow in the sky, they can be reminded of God's love and his enduring promises.

The craft I did this week with bean was making a scrap-paper rainbow. I love this craft for a few reasons. It's great for fine motor skills, it builds hand strength, and it also works her memory, logic, and color matching.

First, I made a "dot" rainbow on a paper of white construction paper.



I use this method for a lot of our projects the require glue--- it's really good for "beginning" gluers who don't quite get the concept yet. She knows just where to put it and about how much (enough to cover the dot).

I cut out about 9-10 squares each of red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple.
Then, I let her go at it!


It actually took bean about 3 sessions to finish, she didn't want to do it for longer than 5 minutes each time.




Little Bug wanted to play, too, so I gave her the rainbow-colored markers. Some of it even made it onto her paper...



The finished product!!


Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment